Thank you for your interest in employment at Lancaster Country Club, an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to offer a professional and fun work environment, competitive salary and benefits. If you have a desire to be part of the premier private club in Lancaster, Lancaster Country Club could be the place for you.
Catering & Event Manager
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage/Clubhouse
REPORTS TO: Clubhouse Manager
Founded in 1900, the Lancaster Country Club is a highly-ranked Platinum Club of America and is one of the finest private clubs in all of Pennsylvania. Facilities include an 18-hole championship golf course, 9-hole golf course, 9 tennis courts, 3 platform tennis courts, an aquatic facility, 45,000 square foot clubhouse, for the 600 member families and their guests.
LCC was recently the host of the 2015 U.S. Women's Open Championship, which was incredibly successful and brought tremendous accolades to the club. The club is family centric featuring events and amenities for every demographic while focusing on ever increasing programs for youth, including summer camp, swim team, youth social events as well as an extensive junior golf and tennis programs.
This is a full time, year-round position that provides an incredible opportunity for individuals that are seeking to grow their career in event planning and/or club management to come and gain valuable experience at a Platinum Club with an exceptional management and mentoring staff. This position would have direct oversight of the day to day event planning and banquet operations. This position would serve as a vital component of our overall management team focused on the improvement of the overall membership experience at LCC.
LCC provides an environment of continual improvement and would be committed to the career development of individuals in this position. The candidate must have the ability to positively train and lead a team to provide and first-class member experience. The candidate will be expected to maintain high visibility with the membership in the dining room and other areas as needed.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITY:
The Events & Banquet Manager is an integral part of the Management Team and works closely with the Clubhouse Manager and the Executive Chef.
• Plans & executes all member and non-member banquets and club functions.
• Trains, supervises and evaluates banquet service staff.
• Assures the cleanliness, neatness and safety of all banquet areas.
• Participates in weekly management, food and beverage (F&B) and staff meetings.
• Must be willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
• Maintain exceptional levels of customer service.
• Serves as closing manager and manager on duty when scheduled.
• Holds pre-shift meetings to ensure quality service.
• Completes daily banquet report/evaluation to improve banquet functions.
• Coaches staff members in a positive and results driven manner.
• Maintains good communication & work relationship in all areas.
• Ensures ongoing staff training is carried out.
• Performs other tasks as requested by the Clubhouse Manager.
• Creates room diagrams for function set-up and details all function sheets accordingly.
• Meets with members and sponsored contacts when they arrive on property for their event.
• Previous event planning and banquet experience is a plus.
• Working knowledge of various F&B service techniques and programs.
• Leadership skills focused on training and motivating a team to provide customized member service.
• Basic beverage knowledge is preferred.
• Ability to work with various computer and POS systems.
• Strong level of integrity and character and positive representative of the club both internally and externally.
• High level of attention to detail and reinforcing that to staff.
• Health & Dental Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Short and Long-Term Disability
• CMAA Dues and Continuing Education
• 401(k) and match
• Potential other continuing education opportunities
• Paid vacation
PLEASE SEND RESUMES TO:
Ryan Granruth, CCM | General Manager/COO | firstname.lastname@example.org
Golf Course Maintenance Internship
Job description: Interns can expect to work 45-55 hours per week Mon-Fri and every other weekend morning as well. Afternoons on weekends will be on an "as needed" basis for hand-watering. Candidates should be hard-working and willing to learn. While an intern, the student will be exposed to many aspects of golf course maintenance such as mowing, fertilizing, spraying, aerifying, irrigation repair and troubleshooting, basic reel adjustment, the opportunity to run the crew, and more.
Date available: April - September 2019
Special requirements: Must be currently enrolled in a 2 or 4 year turf or landscape program and while at least one season of experience on a golf course is preferred, it is not required if the candidate is willing to work and learn.
Benefits: Housing with cable and internet, meals, uniforms, and golf privileges.
Pay: $11.50 - $12.50 per hour plus overtime.
Contact info: Contact Chet Brubaker via call or text: 717-821-9363 or email email@example.com
LCC is looking for enthusiastic bartender to provide an excellent member drinking experience. Great bartenders will be able to create classic and innovative drinks exceeding members’ needs and expectation.
• Prepare alcohol and non-alcohol beverages for bar, dining, and functions
• Interact with members and their guests, take orders and serve meals and drinks
• Assess members’ needs and preferences and make recommendations
• Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails
• Help plan and present bar menu
• Check for members’ identification and confirm it meets legal drinking age, if needed
• Restock and replenish (using FIFO) bar inventory and supplies; including inventory rooms and coolers
• Stay member focused and nurture an excellent member experience
• Comply with all food and beverage regulations
• 18 years or older
• Resume and proven working experience as a bartender
• Excellent knowledge of in mixing garnishing and serving drinks
• Ability to keep the bar organized, stocked and clean
• Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
• RAMP training: not required but preferred
• POS knowledge
To apply to the Bartender position, please complete the online application and email it to Erin Oggier, Food and Beverage Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Front Desk Associate
The Lancaster Country Club is currently looking for a self-motivated, member-focused candidate to fill the position of Front Desk Associate. The successful candidate will be welcoming, efficient, professional, and determined to deliver a quality product with sensational service to every member every time. As Front Desk Associate the employee is the first point of contact with the member. Not only responsible for help each member and their guest but will ensure that each guest is more than comfortable with their visit and provide each member with the best possible service.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain warm, welcoming and professional demeanor when greeting and interacting with all members and guests
- Manage reservations on the club website portal
- Answering phone calls and questions
- Working directly with the event coordinator
- Create documents for member name lists, signage, and different projects
- Preferred hospitality, restaurant knowledge
- Schedule will be afternoon/evening hours. 1:00 p.m - 6:00 p.m. on weekdays. Every other Sunday from 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
To apply to the Front Desk Associate position, please complete the online application and email it to Laura Richmond, Assistant GM/Clubhouse Manager at email@example.com.
A La Carte Servers/Banquet Servers
- Friendly outgoing nature
- Works well in a team environment
- Provides world class service to our members and guests
- Preferred hospitality or restaurant experience
- Must have morning, day, evening, weekend and holiday availability
- 18 + years old
- Ramp certification: not required but preferred
To apply to the A La Carte Server/Banquer Server positions, please complete the online application and email it to Erin Oggier, Food and Beverage Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full Time/Part Time Dishwasher
Full Time/Part Time Line Cook
Full Time/Part Time Pantry Cooks (all shifts)
To apply to any of the current kitchen opportunities, please complete the online application
and email it to Executive Chef, Greg Myers, at email@example.com.